This week has been one of projects. I needed to spruce things up a bit. I redid the curtains in the girls room. I took their old white sheer curtains and gave them a face lift. When I say old I mean it. These are hand me downs from my mom. They were in my house growing up. So they are about 20 years old! They are pretty but I've been looking at them for quite a while~ While I was at home depot I saw some pretty sheer curtains with ribbons and flowers, and I thought "I can do that." So, I did. And it cost me less than a third of what it would have to buy new ones. I still need to finish the last panel, but I really like them.
I got a new vinyl lettering quote and put it up in my front room.
I put up new curtains in the front room and added a new pillow to spice up the color.
I made a hair bow holder (you know a "thingy") and it took me about a half hour. Jacob and Abby helped me with the hot glue.
I worked on some relief society projects too.
And I cleared out a bunch of stuff from my garage.
I love the feeling of accomplishment.
We had soccer games on Saturday and Rachel made 3 goals. She was sooo pumped.
Abby and another player on her team nearly beat each other up, that was a special moment. (A boy shoved her, and Abby isn't one to take it, she shoved back.)
Jacob is struggling in Math and we are trying hard to not poke our eyes out. I am really grateful for all those who have given good suggestions.
I got to sing in church 2 times today. I love to sing. My friend Nancy Davis is kind enough to sing with me. She has a beautiful voice and we blend well. So it's super fun for me. We sang a gorgeous duet of Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. One of my favorite songs.
I'm getting the Christmas bug. I am starting to think of all sorts of ideas for Christmas presents. I would like to Make the majority of them this year.
Definitely a step up this Sunday from last.
No comments:
Post a Comment