Monday, August 30, 2010

Adventures

This weekend was adventurous.
Friday night was a football preseason game. but of course we had to go. I was desperately in need of some football action. So despite still feeling sick and very tired, we went to the game. We pulled out a win and had a good time. David and Rachel snacked on Coa Coa Puffs and Juice Boxes to keep entertained. Rachel is always ready to go after half time. She doesn't watch the game, she is there for the cheerleaders, so when they are done, she's done.
Saturday morning came early after a late night. I needed to get snacks for my soccer team. (cold orange slices, YUM!) And Winslow had a Health Fair to Attend. So I took all 4 kids by myself to the soccer fields. Winslow did save the day by running home and bringing me my stroller so I could strap David in. Rachel and Abby had games at 8am. (remember I am coaching Abby's team.) Jacob had pictures at 8:30am. Thankfully, Jacob is a big boy and went to the pictures and back by himself. I had warned my soccer team that I would have a system for the game and they were not to whine about wanting to play. (gotta give them credit for wanting to play, but I can only do so much!) I was able to catch a few glimses of Rachel on her field while Abby's team played. Jacob's game was at 9am, and then we came home and crashed. Winslow, David, and I were all pretty trashed. Wins and David are struggling with allergies.
Jacob and his friend Seth helped Winslow dig holes for our trees we are planting. And that was pretty much it. I had my 3 little ones in bed by 8:15pm a miracle at my house. Winslow was asleep too. I waited up for Jacob who got to go to a birthday party on a ranch and play laser tag. Which is his new fascination and what he wants for his birthday. (his list changes almost weekly.)
Since we all crashed Saturday night I had to get up early and get going for early Sunday church. I spent the majority of Sacrament Meeting in the foyer with David. I finally took him on a walk outside, and thus missed saying the closing prayer. Oops! So a member of the bishopric jumped in for me. I got a new calling which brings my total to 3. I am still the primary choirister and the Enrichment leader, and now a member of the activities commitee. (I will be release from enrichment leader After our big Super Saturday at the end of September.)
After Church we came home and ate a quick lunch and headed to Winslow's parents house. We switched the seating arrangements in the truck and it seemed to work well. The kids were hilarious. They kept quoting movies and making us laugh. The drive was GORGEOUS. And of course we all took a nap while Winslow drove. There's something about the hum of the vehicle that always puts me to sleep. Rachel woke up about 15 minutes out and shouted "We're almost to Lita's HOUSE!!!" They get so excited.
Grandma and Grandpa's house is always one of wonders. Lisa always has food ready for us, it's always delicious! The kids know exactly where to find the toys, and she is always thinking of them. David found the water paints right away. Rachel and David had so much fun painting at the little table. I love to sit on their rocking bench outside and enjoy the breeze and all of Lisa's gorgeous flowers. Lisa took David for a ride in the wagon. Abby danced with a long stick in the grass. Jacob found a rubber band gun. And Rachel found the racing car to drive.
One of the grandest adventures this weekend was that we brought home chickens! 3 chickens. So now we are officially chicken farmers. ha! I am enjoying watching them and the kids are soo excited. (Hopefully they keep being excited.)
Finding Joy in the little things.

No comments: