Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bragging Rights or New Found Talents

So when I interviewed for my job almost a year and a half ago, my boss asked "do you draw?" The question was kind of laughable. Well, I could draw stick figures and I had drawn a couple of things by looking at a picture and trying to make my drawing something like it. But I took it as kind of a challenge. I wanted to be a better drawer. I have always wanted to be able to draw, I just didn't really know how. So I started simply and crudly. And I got better. And now if I can look at it and its mostly simple, I can draw it. And I don't believe I am half bad. Definitely not an artist yet, but I am pretty impressed with how far I have come from my sickly stick figures. Recently I came across a website with some Super Cute prints. But they were pricey. One of my friends was brave enough to make a wall hanging (she super talented!) and it looked fabulous. So, when it was time for our Infant Room to change Decor I wanted to try my hand at some decorating and some painting. I was pretty darned impressed with myself. So this is a kuddos to me post. Because we should all celebrate our sucesses with righteous pride :)

4 comments:

Welcome said...

I love them! Your room is so bright and happy. You did a fantastic joy Melissa! Next I am going to try paper with Mod Podge. I'll let you know how it goes!

Welcome said...

I ment JOB! But it does bring joy.

BiggsFamily said...

So cute!! GREAT JOB!!! and I am sure that the kids think they are amazing!!

Lauren said...

Those are so cute! I've been trying to figure out what to do in Carter's room (it's finished except for the bare walls which I can't stand). Maybe I'll be brave and try doing some wall art myself.