Sunday, February 14, 2010

Must be doing something right!

Do you ever wonder if all the scripture reading, Family Home Evenings, and lessons ever get to your kids. When they are fighting and poking and just plain don't look like they even care what you are trying to say! I know there are many days when I wonder that. Well tonight Jacob was very stressed about not knowing where his basketball Jersey has gone to. He has a game on Tuesday and he realized he didn't know where it had gone to. He was looking and looking and couldn't find it. Meanwhile, I was making dinner and trying to clean up the kitchen and feeling frustrated over a clogged kitchen sink. So I kept encouraging him in his search, but wasn't able to give it my full attention. So, I walked by his room on my way to put something away and found him kneeling by his bedside praying. Oh! My heart just melted. He kept looking and kept looking and then asked me,
 "Mom, do you think Heavenly Father heard my prayer?"
 "Yes, Jacob, Heavenly Father hears all our prayers. Keep having faith. He will help you find it. Keep listening for promptings from the Holy Ghost."
I know he will find it. I reminded him of a time when Winslow and I were looking for a very important piece of paper. We prayed about it, and didn't find it right away. But we did find it in a timely manner.
"You will find your shirt too."

The other night Rachel went to bed and was looking at the new Gospel Art book. She wanted to know what the picture of the men in the fire was. (I had to quickly remember the true version and not just the Veggie Tale version!) And so we talked of the story of Shadrack, Meshack, and Abednigo (did I get any of those right?) I am always so impressed with my kids.

Today in Sacrament Meeting Abby was reading thru Winslow's copy of Gospel Principles. She had turned to a picture of the Savior in the Garden of Gethsamane. She began reading the lesson on the Atonement to Rachel. I was so impressed that she wanted to read it, and that she kept going even when Rachel lost interest.

David is learning to pray. It's so precious to hear him say his prayers. He loves to kneel down at night with me next to his bed. Of course he's ready to say Amen after about 30 seconds. But, it is so sweet to me.

Today in Primary our Senior Primary sang Love is Spoken Here. It is their favorite song. A couple of weeks ago, I taught the boys to sing the lower part at the end of the song. We've been working really hard on it. And when they sang today of Mothers kneeling and Fathers leading homes with priesthood power, I lost it. I was so overcome with the Glory of the Gospel and the JOY that it brings to our homes. The Spirit that they brought to that primary room was amazing. I wish you could have been there and felt of the POWER of the Holy Ghost.

Yesterday my Sweetheart to me to the Temple. It was my first time to the Snowflake Temple. It was so gorgeous. It's been forever since I have been to an endowment session. Because Time is usually a big factor for us we usually do sealings or initiatory work. So participating in an endowmnet session this time took on a whole new quality for me. Being in This temple for the first time I took in so many details of the session and the beauty of the Temple with such great clarity. I felt such overwhelming Love and such a feeling of Peace. I am so grateful to have gone. We made a goal to go Once a Month. I am excited to go back!

Isn't the Gospel AMAZING!

2 comments:

BiggsFamily said...

YES!! You are doing such a great job and are such an amazing mom!! I know also that it gets hard to do the little things but its those little things that add up and make our kids desire to do better! So keep on doing what your doing and yes the gospel is AMAZING :)!!

Stac said...

I LOVE when the Primary sings that song. It gets me every time. When they did it in the Program I was up there bawling and felt like such a dork but it's impossible not to. You are so great with them. Do we get to sing that song in this years program? I hope so! Oh and I'm sure the bar didn't take any of that spirit away hahahehe