Saturday, February 13, 2010

Transformation

Warning Pictures in this post may be disturbing to some viewers.
So I decided to take the plunge and go brunette instead of blonde. My real hair is actually an ashy brown now, but I have been doing the blonde thing for quite some time. I love my hair short and I love my hair dresser. So, I got Winslow to agree to the brown thing. (He LOVES my hair blonde so this was a huge thing.) And I prepared myself mentally to be a brunette. So Tia (my hair dresser) and I talked about going brown. She was excited about a chocolate brown color. I was thinking Milk Chocolate, while obviously she was thinking DARK Chocolate. Ha ha ha. It has been quite the transformation. People really don't recognize me. i scare myself when I look in the rearview mirror. Some people absolutely love it. Others are working on trying to come to grips with how DIFFERENT I look. I really like it. I will probably lighten it up, but that has to be done in stages. So for now it looks almost BLACK! But it does bring out my eyebrows. I've had people ask me if I dyed those too. "No those have always been the color of my eyebrows...thankyou grandpa Rudy for those classic eyebrows! hahaha"


What do you think! Be Honest~

9 comments:

The Lunt Family said...

WOW! You look amazing! It's definately different, but you are just as beautiful!

Travis and Marie said...

I think it's super cute! You look great!

Stac said...

I really really like it! I think it makes you look um...younger....not that you look old haha do I sound like I put my foot in my mouth but really I love it, and don't wory thats what mine does and it fades like 50% the first week!

Nicolds6 said...

Ok so then there is me....i think you could totally rock the dark hair but you need some different lighter colors in there to break it up a little bit. I think it does make your eyes POP which is way cool and can really be accentuated w the awesome colors they have out in the stores these days. But you definitely need some lighter browns in there to break it up. And if you are really freaked about it just wait, browns fade lots over a few weeks!! Ur still way adorable!!!I totally think you can make the browns work for you, you just have to work with it a little!! Sorry, but you said honest:)

BiggsFamily said...

I love going from blonde to brown, but usually end up going back blonde. I think it is beautiful and I do think that it makes your eyes pop!! But I agree with Jen also that a few lighter highlights (in the brown family) would be gorgeous!! You can pull of the blonde and brown though and look beautiful doing it all!!

Lauren said...

I think it looks great! I actually prefer myself brunette while Leland prefers the blond. So I'm back to blond again. I haven't quite found the right shade yet.

Welcome said...

Well, I know nothing about color. My hair is all Natural. But I would have to go with Jenn and Mary. I know thier hair always looks fantastic. So they probably know what their talking about. Your always beautiful though :)

Sue said...

wowza ca mowza!~ are you going goth? or was it just a coincidence that you were wearing all black!. haha. lovees.

Mindy said...

I think you look awesome! I was totally laughing though because I went brunette this week too. I have never died my hair before - highlights, yes. But never all my hair. It is a pretty dramatic difference and I am feeling the same thing. I need to add a few lighter highlights to give it a more natural look. But, I think it is fun!