Wednesday, September 3, 2008

BEST FRIENDS

Okay, so those of you who know me know I have many friends because I love people. But I have had 3 immensley close friends (other than my husband and my mother) who I would deem best friends. People who know me inside and out. They know me happy, sad, angry, and at my best and my worst. These three girl friends are friends I cherish. Memories of the time we have spent together are priceless. I will share a little of my relationship with them with you (in no paticular order.) The first is the first one I ever had. Friends since we were three. We were friends even when our families moved. We were roomates in college. We shared so many joys, and so many sorrows. She was with me and held me when my brother passed away and we sobbed together. I cried for her when her precious angel girl left this world for the next. I watched her shinning face at her wedding reception. She graciously let me into her home at an unearthly hour to announce my engagement. She put up with me when we shared a room at college and I talked in my sleep. I could go on and on.
The next was a friend in highschool who I carpooled with. She drove and I was always running late. Somehow she put up with me long enough. We had just graduated and we attended an institute class together. I don't know how it happened. But she became a best friend. We laughed and ate icecream together...and of course there was Space Ghost. he he he I still laugh at the memories. Again laughter and tears and joy. Some of it too private to share with others, but I remember the moments of leaning on eachother to get thru. She knew before I did that I would marry Winslow. And I never would have without her approval. How can I forget Homecomming Night eating pizza in the football stands. She called it then "Here comes your boyfriend." I wasn't so sure in that moment, but she knew it. And she knew I would marry him. SO GLAD I DID! I couldn't have survived so many things without you!
The next friend is a kindred spirit that has helped me so much as a mom. Our kids are close in age and we have just always had fun. We always laugh together. On the phone, at the park, where ever. When we talk, we laugh. Somehow everything is happy when I am around this person. We have shared hard and sad moments too. She's kept confidences and loved me even when I am a total dork. And she and her husband helped lead us to the wonderful place we call home.
I know this is long, but this is partly a journal for me. I am trully grateful for all my friends and the influence they have had on my life. I am grateful that this weekend I got to spend time with two of my very best friends. Both of whom I had not really expected to see. One tracked us down at the town park! The other we ran into on the mountain. The Lord was listening to the prayers in my heart that I might get to spend some time with these awesome girls who are so dear to me. I love your guts guys!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Space Ghost?! Wow...that brings back some OLD memories :)

It was so great to see you Lissa--you are an awesome friend! (And I hadn't completely forgotten about you always being late!)

Melissa said...

Mint chocolate chip is still my favorite!