Saturday, October 20, 2012

Of books and dishes

Jacob has been working hard the last few days. Not yet sure what has brought about the change, but I'll take it! He 's really been working on taking initiative. Earlier this week when I was so tired, he made sure his kitchen chores were done. And we had him babysit 2 nights this week. Both nights the house was clean and the kids were in bed. Last night the dishes were loaded and the big dishes washed. I asked Abby is she had done them, because Jacob has major texture issues when it comes to dishes. Nope, she said, she had a headache and went to bed, Jacob had totally done it all. way to go mister. Definitely tipping big for dishes done! I know he's a good kid, sometimes we just butt heads. It is so wonderful to be able to reward him for stepping up his game!
I took David, Rachel, and Abby to the library today. David picked out a book on Monster Trucks, Abby picked out Lewis Carrol's Alice in Wonderland, and Rachel got an Amelia Bedelia book. I am excited for Abby to be reading such a fun classic book. she has really picked up speed in reading. She read Harry Potter #3 in 3 days, Old Yeller in one day! I think she takes after her mother.
Rachel really surprised me this week. I found a fun book report sheet on Pinterest and told Rachel she could start doing book reports. The next morning when we got our school work, she brought out a Magic Treehouse book and read the whole first chapter!
Davis is now adding up to 10 in his head!!! He is obsessed with adding. I put together more math games and some beginning phonics for him this weekend, because oping just to keep up with is kid. He's only 4!
We are studying Joseph in the Old Testament. Gonna have to find a copy of Jospeh and the amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I've been singing it in my head for days!
Winslow was a trooper and took me to 2 parties this weekend. Boy did I need the out time. Thanks Hun for going out of your comfort zone to indulge your social wife!!!!
Down to just over 6 weeks left until our c-section. easing baby clothes and putting everything together. Exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time.

No comments: