Jacob started basketball practice this week. He is so pumped to be playing basketball. He really is an amazing athlete. He was so sore and tight after practice yesterday though. This morning was a 2 hour school delay due to hazardous road conditions. So I had Winslow take him over to his office to adjust him and have his massage therapist work on Jacob's shoulders. He gets SO TENSE and then gets headaches. So I was anxious to avoid that. Then Winslow tells me that tonight when he was taking Jacob to practice again he looked over at Jacob and realized his shoulders were all tense and he looked anxious. "Relax, you don't have to be the best at suicide runs." He told him. And then Jacob's shoulders relaxed and he started breathing evenly again. "I can't believe he really gets that stressed over this stuff." Winslow said. But he does. He really does worry so much. He wants to be the best. Cracks me UP! It's 4th grade basketball for heavens sake!
Then there is Rachel. As Jacob is going over all the fantastic details of his practice at dinner time, Rachel very excitedly asks, "did you see any CHEERLEADERS?" Ha ha ha ha ha.
I have no idea where this fixation on cheerleaders comes from, but it's what she wants to be when she grows up. And she sooo wishes she was the same age as her sister. All the time asking when her birthday is so she can be older.
And of course I had to have a very spastic moment tonight. Sunday, our Primary counselor called to set up a Baptism fireside, what time would be good for me, etc. They have it every year for the kids turning eight and I assumed she wanted me to lead or to play the piano since I am the primary chorister. The other day I was thinking, why hasn't she told me what songs she wants me to play. Oh well, I can play any of them so no problem. Well Tonight, I get a call at 6:25pm...
Then there is Rachel. As Jacob is going over all the fantastic details of his practice at dinner time, Rachel very excitedly asks, "did you see any CHEERLEADERS?" Ha ha ha ha ha.
I have no idea where this fixation on cheerleaders comes from, but it's what she wants to be when she grows up. And she sooo wishes she was the same age as her sister. All the time asking when her birthday is so she can be older.
And of course I had to have a very spastic moment tonight. Sunday, our Primary counselor called to set up a Baptism fireside, what time would be good for me, etc. They have it every year for the kids turning eight and I assumed she wanted me to lead or to play the piano since I am the primary chorister. The other day I was thinking, why hasn't she told me what songs she wants me to play. Oh well, I can play any of them so no problem. Well Tonight, I get a call at 6:25pm...
"Hi Melissa, this is Amanda."
" Hi, how's it going?"
"Good, um are you going to come to the fireside tonight?" (It started at 6pm!)
"Oh yeah, crud I forgot, It's right here on the calendar and I totally forgot. Have you started yet?"
"No, come on down to the church."
So I throw on a skirt and tell Winslow he has to take the other kids to go get Jacob from practice. Abby asks if she can come. "Not this time." (I'm thinking I don't have time to wait for her to get into any church clothes.) I grab my primary book and run out the door. I keep thinking as I drive.
"Seriously, could they not have just sung a cappella. Why did they wait for me? I feel so bad forgetting about this, but really they didn't need me bad enough to wait to start the meeting."
I get to the church and there are very few cars. Hmmm, this is different. I go inside.
"Where is Abby? Aren't you going to bring her?" Amanda asks
"Why?" I ask.
"Isn't she turning 8 this year?" asks Amanda.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I'm such a dork! So then I race off to get Abby and then come back to the church so my Daughter who is going to be baptized this year can go to the Baptism Fireside!!!
I get to the church and there are very few cars. Hmmm, this is different. I go inside.
"Where is Abby? Aren't you going to bring her?" Amanda asks
"Why?" I ask.
"Isn't she turning 8 this year?" asks Amanda.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I'm such a dork! So then I race off to get Abby and then come back to the church so my Daughter who is going to be baptized this year can go to the Baptism Fireside!!!
3 comments:
I love it! I am so glad your writing this down. I am so glad I am not the only crazy mother!! I thinks moments like these help us keep a sense of humor.
Hahaha!
That is SO something I would do!
Post a Comment