So I really, really want to be able to have some more room in my house. It's definitely cozy. We have been planning to add on for quite some time. Of course, our plan is to pay for the addition in cash.
Step 1-pay off All extra debt (doesn't include student loan or house)
Stpe 2- save for addition
Step 3- Have room to BREATHE!
So, Step one is comming along rather nicely. And we have been discussing what and how we want to do our addition. Then we had the idea to sell of our neighboring lot that we have. Well, it gets a bit complicated because it's part of our mortgage, etc. But these thoughts led us to the NEW Plan.
If we are going to save a big chunk of money to do an addition, why not just save for a 20% down payment on a new house and build it on the lot we already have. It would allow us to get rid of our PDMI on our mortgage, and have almost double the size of house. Nothing to big. Less than 1700 sq ft. But that would be such a huge house to me right now. 4 bed, 2bath, big living room. I am loving the idea.
(READ THE TOTAL MONEY MAKEOVER by Dave Ramsey...it is so like the One For the Money Pamphlet.)
I am excited. So excited. The big thing is though we will have to be very strict on what we buy and where our money goes. And I will have to survive (and enjoy) living in our current house a while longer. Especially since I plan to only work until we have achieved Step 1. But I will work at home again. So in the mean time I was so excited to read my friend Mary's blog and read her ideas on how to have MORE LIFE. (She is so awesome at this!) I'm gonna do it! You should too.
http://jeremynmary.blogspot.com/2010/01/more-life.html
2 comments:
Love your New Plan! We can keep each other going on the not buying things. Having a goal is so much fun. And reaching it is even more fun!
I think that's a great plan!!
Post a Comment