Saturday, October 3, 2009

Guess I am getting OLD

So this week I was able to experience having Gout firsthand. Some of you may know what this is. I had heard about it, but didn't really know too much, until I got it myself. Gout is an incredibly painful condition in which uric acid crystals build up in your joints. Most common is the foot below the big toe. It usually onsets at night, and is quite painful (I know I mentioned that before, but just incase you forgot....I like to whine.)
Honestly, I wanted to cut my foot off. It hurt sooo BAD. The pain would lessen when I would lie flat and not move it at all. Too bad you have to get up to go to the BATHROOM! Thankfully the Dr got me started on medicine and by yesterday afternoon I hurt, but not nearly as bad. Today I am still sore and some pain but feeling a lot better. Please note I have been on crutches for the last 2 days cause I can't put any pressure on it. Hopefully I will be off crutches by Tomorow.
The funny thing about all of this is that the most common people who get gout, are Men, drinkers, and have some extra padding around the middle : ), and they are OLDER. Now I do know people who have gout who don't fit those qualifications. But Winslow and my Dr thought it quiet hilarious that I have gout, because Obviously I am not any of those things. (well maybe I have been a closet drinker, LOL. Can you even imagine?) So I guess I must just be OLD.

2 comments:

Rushele said...

Nope!!! You're absolutely NOT old! We're the same age so you can't be old yet!!
Hope you're 100% soon, doesn't sound fun at all!!

Family of Five said...

Feel Better! Crazy!!!