- Make a dinner menu--be realisitic though, one night for dinner we are having corndogs!!!
- Simplify-- I finally broke down a while ago and threw away, yes in the garbage, half of my girls toys. Now it's easier for them to clean up their own stuff!
- Lets face it, I am always behind on laundry and I hate putting it away...so a lot of the time I ignore it!
- My kids have chores and rewards. they get icecream if their chores are done, helps me a ton.
- Delegate...if someone else is willing, let them do it!
- Time out for me--I love going to the park on my lunchbreak once a week with all my mommy friends and their kids. Makes me feel like I am still connected to all my friends.
- I come home on my lunch break a lot and start dinner
- Rhodes Rolls
- I cook most of my meat when I get it home from the store. Put it in quart freezer bags and then its ready to go for a meal....don't have to spend all that time cooking it when it's dinner time!
- PRAY A LOT!!!
- Relax
PS Andrea I really felt for you and my sister (who has twin 3 year olds and a 1 year old) this Sunday. We watched my friends kids so she could take a sick kid to the dr. So we added an 8 year old and another 1 year old to our crew. Things actually went really well. Winslow took David and I took the other baby, and the rest of our kids behaved themselves. But I just kept thinking. This isn't bad....but there's no way I could have done this with two infants!!!! I don't know how you guys did it. YOU WEAR THE CAPE GIRLFRIEND!!!
3 comments:
Awesome! I totally remember those working days! I was also a gigantic fan of the following..the crock pot.. m&ms and a good magazine while locked in my walk in....carpools..yoga...sweet runs with no kiddos..and last but not least weekends and the chance to do what i wanted to do all week to begin with...STAY HOME in my PJs!!!You ROCK!!
Seriously...you are superwoman! I miss you!
Love the tips! We should all make capes "SM" Super Moms..and wear them for Halloween! Or at least put them on for those cranky Mommies days ...try to change our outlook and attitude!
Post a Comment