So. You might ask the question "why do you run?"
Sadly my answer is pretty superficial but it's what keeps me running when my lungs are burning, I get a cramp, or I just plain think ... this is so stupid.
I run because
- my hubby bought me really cool shoes "high dollar" (say it with a chineese accent)
- all the cute Nike running gear my hubby bought for me
- calf muscles...love em
- the thrill of running down the road and knowing that of course everyone who sees me wishes they could be a runner like me (please note that I still run very slow, so this thought is hilarious to me, even though it really is what I am thinking, my consious mind says back, hello you are so kidding yourself)
- i get jealous to the point of motivation when I read other people's blogs about how they are runners
- I look way good in a pair of tight jeans
- as a runner i feel like a member of an elite club...(club, what club, I run by myself, but somehow I feel connected to all the other cool runners.)
So that's it. That's what urges me out of bed at 6am in the cold (hey people it's still at the freezing mark when I head out the door) I told you it's superficial. But the truth is I don't really love running. Yet. Last week I hated it. Thought I would puke my guts out running. This week I can see improvement. And so when the mental battle says "just walk" I think, "no, I want people to see me run, and wish they were me." So I keep on running. Hoping that one day I will come to my senses!
3 comments:
I think it's great that you run! I hate running, I do cardio, but not running unless I have to....especially in the freezing! crazy woman!
EXACTLY!!!!!!
This is one of my all time Favorite blog posts of yours Melissa! Just reading it motivates me to keep going too!--Laura
Post a Comment