Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas and the New Year

David's First Christmas. He slept thru the main event, and got to open his gifts right before Christmas Brunch.
My 3 year old. Totally pumped to get her first CHAIN SAW! Winslow has been planning this gift forever!~

So Christmas was lots of fun. We had 15, yes 15 people in our small house for Christmas. I loved having my parents and my sisters here for Christmas. My parents and my sister Tami and her family all stayed in a nearby hotel to ease the space crunch. So we opened up our gifts from Santa, with just our little family, before everyone else arrived. It was so nice. Abby asked "how do elves make dvd's?" my response was "maybe elves shop at the store sometimes." To which Jacob responded, "yeah they go in disguise. They stand on top of each other." ha ha ha
We had fun sledding after Christmas. But holy cow was it Chilly Brrr Fry! SOO Cold. Here in town we got down to 3 degrees. Makes me shiver just to think about it. The kids are enjoying their new scooters, and Winslow and Jacob are having so much fun with their Monster Truck remote control vehicle. I was grateful to get a new waterproof coat. And some way cute beanies! Rachel is trying to master her United States puzzle. She is crazy smart.
She is already recognizing letters. At the doctor's office, she was able to pick out letters and recognize how many of them were in a word or a sentence. Ahh beautiful and smart. David and Rachel have both had nasty coughs for forever now. I have been anxious for some SLEEP!
Winslow took my out Coyote Hunting. FUN! We hiked all over the mountains and even found a bobcat den, and it's kill! Kinda crazy.
Life is sooo busy, and I am so grateful for my fantastic husband who indulges my insanity, and for my mother, who patiently listens and loves me.

2 comments:

Nicolds6 said...

So i have been checking and checking and checking and checking............NOTHIN!! Finally after what seems like for-freakin-ever you decide to bless us with your presence. Could you keep us in the loop a little better this year!!! Adorable kiddos but we need more pictures please. They are growing way too fast!!!

Welcome said...

I'm with Jennifer! I love to hear what you've been up too! Your life is way more exciting then mine :) I love your snow pictures!!