Monday, May 27, 2013

LOVE and all that mushy gushy stuff

I love my hubby. A lot. A lot, a lot. I'm also VERY JEALOUS! which he finds incredibly amusing. If he tells a story about high school or pre mission years and a girl is included, I'm jealous. (which is odd also, because he never had a girlfriend before we dated, and um yeah...my brothers still tease about how MANY boyfriends I had.) Yep. Jealous. Like come over here and let me give you a big fat kiss so you remember that you love me and only me. Haa Haa Haa. He still says he loves me more, but I think I love him more.
I worry often about the rate of divorce where will live. It is Atrocious. For Real! And so we are trying to be better about Date Night, and Holding Hands, and Couple Prayers. I love this guy. Sure, we have our differences. And may I say that two Oldest children married to each other is EXCITING. We both feel very strongly about our Own point of view. And heaven forbid we should compromise. Hee Hee. He is my world though.
I have nightmares. And often. And sometimes I dream that he's left me, or died. And I wake up. Totally feeling helpless and incomplete without him. And I wake him up and tell him... I love you more. (He usually drowsily hugs me and says, Uh huh.)

I Love my kiddos. LOTS AND LOTS. and I want them to know how much I love their daddy. When we got married, my young women leader Sister Evans Gave us the saying "Choose your love, and Love your choice." And I LOVE that President Monson used it in conference recently. Because that little saying has stuck in my mind and helped me to say, I'm Sorry. It's helped me to look past odd habits and frustrating moments. (you know, when I've decided I'm right and life would just be better if he could decide my way is best. :)) I Chose you.

I'm grateful for Parents and In Laws who are great examples of this. I know their marriages haven't always been perfect, or what they imagined. But, they keep working together, loving each other, for better of for worse!

I trully believe the lesson my parents taught us growing up. Marriage is Hard WORK! And like anything that takes effort, patience, work, and forgivness, it's worth it. "It's the hard that makes it good."

p.s. I love you more!


No comments: