Sunday, February 5, 2012

Running

So I ran on Saturday. You might think of it more of the motion of running, the speed of fast walking. It was definitely slow, but I did run the whole way, well, I walked up graveyard hill but that's a serious hill! And then I was right back to running. I ran with Jacob. He is a sprinter. He would sprint ahead and then do jumping jacks or jog in place while he waited for his slow mother. We ran 1.6 miles on hilly terrain. I felt so good. I was proud of myself for running the whole way, even prouder that I didn't feel like I was going to die. And then, I woke up this morning. SORE! That's good though, right. I keep telling myself that every time I have to bend down and my quads protest loudly. It is so fun to run with Jacob. He's very athletic and he loves it when Winslow or I invite him to run. He's good company and he pushes me to go farther. Our trip to the Grand Canyon was postponed last fall, so I am excited to get in shape so I can go this Spring. The Spring at the Grand Canyon is incredible. Snow at the top, and everything in bloom at the bottom, with every stage in the in between.
Hiking has been a great activity for me to enjoy with Winslow. He is so encouraging and patient with my slow pace. And of course, who wouldn't enjoy getting to stare at your spouse for 17miles~! (I'm actually being very serious. It's terribly attractive to accomplish such a big thing together :)). Things like this are the times that rekindle the romance, when most of our life is filled with the busy happenings of just that, LIFE.
So, I am so excited to run Battle for Brigham and then after that to go tackle the Grand Canyon!!!

No comments: