Thursday, February 2, 2012

LOVE OF LEARNING

Today as I was helping Abby with her English I realized something. I LOVE IT! (english I mean.) Abby was working on Helping Verbs, you know am, is, are, was, were, be, being, been, do, does, did, can, could, shall, should, will, would. Yes, I memorized them in Jr. High and I still remember (any of you buffs can let me know if I am missing any. We discussed verbs, and adverbs, adj, noun, etc. And I thought to myself "I love this Crap." Not exactly lady like, but that's what I thought. I like analyzing books, research paper writing, I love Math and numbers and seeing how it all fits together. I took Biology in College as an elective after I had already filled all my science credits. Yes, I am a NERD! Proud of IT! I had so much fun this week putting together David's preschool lesson on Groundhog's Day and HIBERNATION. I truly feel that the Lord has blessed me with a desire to Learn. A love of Learning. A Love of Good Books. It makes me so secretly happy at night when I tell my children to put away their books and GO TO SLEEP. It makes me even happier when I have to steal their books away from them so they will sleep. (just like my mom did to me. She actually would lock her door so I couldn't sneak into her room and get the book and read again.) I pray for my children daily that they will LOVE Learning. That they will have a desire on their own to increase their understanding. Now I am not saying they have to make up math problems to do during the summer like I used to (although we do year round so that's not an issue.) Or that they should make up their own spelling lists and practicing handwriting for the Fun of it. (Now you really think I'm a nerd, Don't be fooled, I liked social stuff so much I didn't study near like I should have!)_But, I want them to love learning. To know that joy of accomplishment through learning and study. LOVE IT.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

have, has, had, I'm sure there are more