Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Miracle

I'm so happy to share with you our happy happy news!!!! Some of you may have noticed the HOPING TO ADOPT link on my side bar. Winslow's brother and his wife have been wanting to adopt for some time. Their story is amazing. Their first precious angel only spent a few brief moments here with us on earth. I still recall with tears that day in the hospital holding his tiny, tiny body. His mother sacrificed so much for this little one to gain a body. Doctors told them they should end the pregnancy as it posed a great risk to Audrey's health. With much prayer and fasting, they knew this little baby needed only to come to earth to gain his body and then to leave this mortal life. Audrey's life was in terrible danger and finally it was time for him to be delivered. It was a precious and amazing experience. I am grateful I got to be there to share. Because of complications of their first pregnancy, every pregnancy after that was precarious and often life threatening. 3 more wonderful children entered into their family, but not without some very scary times. We almost lost Audrey multiple times.Although Audrey and Bryant knew that it was not safe for Audrey to continue to carry a baby, they felt so strongly that their family wasn't finished. They have been on the waiting list for over 4 years. They have "matched" a couple of times but things haven't worked out. Just a few months ago they matched again. And once again there was heartache, decisions were changed. And then a miracle took place. Thru the adoption that fell thru a new opportunity arose that otherwise would not have been there. And 2 weeks ago Audrey and Bryant drove hundreds of miles to welcome their new baby into their family!
Adoption is a huge part of my family. I am so grateful for this miracle in the lives of those I love! I am so happy for Audrey and Bryant and for their new sweet baby.
CONGRATULATIONS GUYS WE LOVE YOU!!!!!

1 comment:

Family of Five said...

What a beautiful story! Adoption is a beautiful part of my family too! Love my little nephews!