Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hurdles

Welp!
I really really want to go hike the grand canyon again and do the 17 miler. But I am sooo not in shape. Winslow refuses to kill me by taking me not in shape (cause he just hiked it in shape and was sore for almost a week!) So I made the jump and started getting up at 5am to work out.
The biggest hurdle is the headaches. I can't seem to shake them right now. I'm fine in the morning but by mid day my head is going crazy. I'm hoping this will pass soon. I'm sore and enjoying it. Now if only I could entice someone to teach a Zumba class here!
The thing I am most pumped about is that I have not woken up to an alarm!
Our stake has really pushed being COMMITTED to making our homes a Heaven on Earth. Not just wanting to, not just putting forth a little effort or giving a big push and then falling off the bandwagon.
President Goodman spoke to us about really having a CHANGE OF HEART. I guess I never really applied this principle to its fullest extent before.
But late last year when I committed myself to family scripture reading nightly NO EXCEPTIONS I just decided we were doing it. We were going to make it happen no matter the obstacle. And we did it. I'm happy to say we're going on 3 months without missing a night! Now we've moved on to morning prayers. Something I've struggled with since having kids and losing sleep : ). I realized that I just needed to decide it was happening. That I was worth it. That my family's eternal happiness meant enough to push everything aside and make it happen. And we have. So of course then I start realizing that everything else in my life that I should or should not be doing is the same thing.
There were a few little things in my life that I wanted to change, had tried, but hadn't really made the commitment. Well, Now I am. and it truly is a Change of Heart. My family deserves the best of me.I can be so much better than I know. My Heavenly Father has a greater plan for me than I have been achieving.  I feel more focused. Better prepared for the craziness ahead. (and boy do I feel like there is craziness in the world around us.)
Now don't get me wrong. My children are still bickering, I still feel cramped in my house, I have a long way to go. But I feel calmer, more patient, and better able to deal with the chaos of life! well most of the time : ).

Anyone know how to make blogger stop turning my photos! They were fine and then blogger turns them when i try to upload!
Mary, these are  the newest additions to my stash!

4 comments:

Welcome said...

So So Stinking Cute! I love them all. Yes you will be teaching me! Thanks for the inspiration! I too need a Change of Heart in some areas! Thanks for sharing :)

Welcome said...

So cute Melissa! Love the Frog! You have got teach me :)

Thank you for inspiring me to just commit myself and do it! :)

The Lunt Family said...

Those hats are SO cute! You are such an amazing example to me!

BiggsFamily said...

I love these hats!!! So cute!! If I have a girl, I will be calling you!! :)!!