Monday, February 7, 2011

Preschool and a Piano

Sooo,
I am desperately hoping to buy a used piano at the end of this month. So I am saving my pesos and crossing my fingers that we can make it happen. I have been without a piano IN my house for 4 years now, and I so miss it. Jacob and Abby want to learn how to play and I'd like to teach again. But in order to do that I need a smaller less heavy piano that isn't missing 3 of the 4 wheels! (My piano is old an untunable, and in my garage. not exactly handy.) So cross your fingers with me.
Preschool....well Mary you inspire me and make me want to do better. I have had a bad case of cabin fever, and somehow, it squelches my creative side and I forget how many fabulous things I can do, even in the winter.
So Rachel has been staying home instead of going to preschool and one of my part time babysitting kids just went full time, and I have an after-schooler now too. But all of this has been a huge blessing. Because, somehow with 3 kids to do preschool stuff, I have motivation again. So K takes a nap in the morning and David, Rachel, and KD, do preschool with me. They love it. Today we read THE MITTEN, one of our favorites, and colored and cut, and laced mittens. Then we filled them with animals we colored. We sang songs, did the Hokey Pokey and London Bridges. They had such a great time and the morning went by so fast. And the tv didn't even get turned on all morning. Hallelujah!
Rachel has already decided that tomorrow we will be making valentine's cards.

3 comments:

Julie said...

That's awesome. The TV definitely needs to be on less at our house...I need to follow your example. :)

Melissa said...

my friend Mary is teaching one lesson a day out of the new nursery manual. She has a copier, so she copies the coloring page. Her kids love it!!! Right now the little guy I have is LDS so I think I might throw some of those in there too. I find my life is so much better when I am organized and my day has a plan.

Welcome said...

Now Melissa, you are the one that inspires me! If it weren't for your morning calls, I would definitly not be as productive as I am! Love your example to me! LOVE that we are friends :)