Thursday, February 17, 2011

Trudging thru the terrible twos

For Sale

By Shel Silverstein
(italics are added words)



One 2 year old  for sale!

One 2 year old  for sale!

One crying and yelling 2 year old  for sale!

I'm really not kidding,

So who will start the bidding?

Do I hear a dollar?

A nickle?

A penny?

Oh, isn't there, isn't there,

isn't there any

One kid who will buy this 2 year old for sale,

This crying and yelling 2 year old for sale?


He looks so innocent. But this week I swear I'm gonna "sell him to the indains,"as my dad used to say!
He is such a momma's boy and can so melt my heart. But this week he is on one. He's fighting and screaming and saying "stupid" Which is a bad word at our house. And he's totally trying to test me. And it's working!!!! Thankfully we've been thru this a time or two before and I know if I can keep him alive(ha ha ha) he'll get past it and we will both survive!

2 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

I don't know about you- but my #4 (the 2 year old at our house) has been the most interesting of all my other 2 year olds....thus the reason the good Lord sent him to me to be last. Love him....but some days.......ARGH! Good luck with yours!

Family of Five said...

amen, amen, amen!!! Please, please, please let three be easier!!!!