Friday, October 29, 2010

Fall Fun

So I always am unprepared for Halloween. Maybe it's because I don't care for scary stuff. But I do love fall. I love the colors, the leaves, pumpkins, the crisp cool air, the coming of the holidays, and kids in CUTE costumes, not scary ones. This year David will be a lion (again), Rachel Cinderella, Abby a lady bug, and Jacob has still yet to pick out a costume. My memories of Halloween are my mom cooking stuffed pumpkin for dinner, John handing out candy at home and making a stuffed man with a basketball head to sit on a lawn chair next to him, spreading out our candy to pick out the best candy, giving Dad our Recee's Pieces, carving pumpkins, crunching leaves, running from house to house. I think one of my favorite halloween memories is when I was pregnant with Rachel. I was staying at my mom's house and so I got to take Abby around my old neighborhood to trick or treat, and all my childhood memories came back. I loved watching her have such fun. And even though I was already overdue! every one told me I looked fabulous (that's cause they didn't know me prepregnant :))
In Clifton, and Dallas, we always did trunk or treat. Loved It. Fun with friends when we were so far from family.
Last year I spent Halloween with Rachel at urgent care and Winslow took the kids trick or treating. BUMMER!
Hope to make some fun memories this weekend.

No comments: