Okay, so another unexpected day home. This morning about 6am I heard David in his crib stirring. "oh too early," I thought. And I was thankful that the both of us fell back asleep. My kids are in the habit of going to bed late and sleeping in until about 8 (It was the whole time zone difference I think on vacation that totally messed us up!). So right about 8 I dragged myself out of bed. David was still sleeping. Oh how nice. So I checked my email and facebook, and a few other things. David was still asleep. Started a load of laundry, got breakfast, Still asleep. That's about the time I finally noticed it. Puke, on his sheets and down the side of his crib. HOW DID I MISS IT! So then I felt like a terrible mom. He kept sleeping until 10:10am!!! He is happy. Of course, he was happy even when he had pnemonia! But he does have the runs. BUMMER. Poor Guy! So we've kept him on a BRAT diet. And yet instead of being productive today, I have to admit I have mostly vegged! Guess now and again we all want to take a day off from LIFE. But I have washed a lot of laundry and done dishes. My bed is made and I painted the girls nails and put fun stickers on.
It always cracks me up that Abby wants her nails painted. She has more bruises on her legs from biking, scooters, and just being crazy than any girl I know. Yet, she likes her toes painted and making bracelets. Which, by the way, she came into the house this afternoon after slipping on the sidewalk at the highschool. She scraped up her knee and elbow pretty good.
2 comments:
poor little guy. I hate when that happens....at least he's a happy sick baby...mine are all miserable and cranky when they're sick.
Ah,the days you get to take a break from normal "life". Except when it's for the purpose of tending to a sick child it kinda sucks. Poor kid!
Hope he's back to himself VERY soon! Sick babies are no fun.
Post a Comment