So, all of my pies turned out and the sweet potatoes were awesome thanks to Kara's great recipie and Winslow's cooking magic. And I had a great time cooking with my kids. They helped wash and prepare potatoes and apples. The girls had a great time playing with the leftover dough. And despite the fact that we had no phone service ALL day, which led our dinner hosts to wonder if we were comming or not, we had a great thansgiving. So we were preparing to leave for the Henrie's home, all the kids were loaded in the van, pies, yams, and green bean casserole ready to go, and all that was left was the hot cranberry cider in the crockpot. I unplugged it from the wall (or so I thought), and moved it to the top of the stove, and that's when I ran out of slack in the cord. The cord jerked back and hot cider sloshed onto my hand. (imagine a really loud scream and then,)"Oh CRAP." I was proud of myself later on that I didn't even think of anything explicitive. Winslow came running in. I tore of my sweater (which protected a large portion of my arm from the cider) and shoved it under cold water. OUCH, ouch, ouch!!!! Thankfully it isn't too bad. A lot of the initial burn faded by the end of the day. I have 1st degree burns along my hand where the forefinger and the thumb connect, and second degree along my wrist. But it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as when i got burnt with hot oil on my foot. Crazy!
4 comments:
I am so sorry to hear that! I am glad you weren't hurt too bad. But that will be the Thanksgiving you remember! Thanks so much for your words of encouragement, they ment alot to me.
Sounds like a family tradition we had growing up. Every holiday someone wound up in the emergency room!! Like Mary said... you will never ever forget this Thanksgiving
That is no fun at all! I hope you are recovered now. On the bright side, at least it was you and not one of your kids....
Ouch! Sam burned his hand almost just like that last Christmas- making donuts while I slept in, thinking "It's so nice my kids are big now and I don't have to get up with them!"
Hope you don't mind I peak in on your blog now and then! Amie
Post a Comment