Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Epic Journey

I can't believe how well David traveled. Abby and Jacob took turns helping to take care of him and play with him as we drove. What amazing children we have.
Dunford Donuts. OHHHHH Yeah. They were so good. The kids would eat a few bite out of one and leave it, and well I couldn't leave them on the table to dry out, so I would eat them of course. Thankyou Uncle Don and Granpa for the donuts and for Pastrami Burgers.
Hopefully there are some quarters left for the Coke machine.
Rachel demonstrated her trick for opening soda to Ethan. She gets a spoon puts it under the tab and pops the top! She's 2! The kids had fun playing with cousins at Don's.

Abby, Sarah. Rachel, & Allison

Brooke & David

Ethan threw the kids into the love sac, this was the favorite activity at Don's house.

Okay maybe the favorite was getting soda from the Coke machine. Now 50cents a can due to fuel price increases. I'm wondering if after we left it didn't go up to 75cents a can due to popular demand!
We made it! Over 1500 miles of driving with 4 kids. We drove thru 5 states. We watched lots of movies and survived rather well. We started off by leaving Winslow's parent's home @ 3am. It really helps when the kids sleep for the first 5 hours. We stopped at Cabella's and window shopped. We had fun seeing Uncle Don & his family & Uncle Larry and his family. Then to my parents, then Yellowstone, and then back in reverse order. HOLY COW! It was an amazing trip and I am proud of my kids and my husband. We didn't even have to threaten to "pull the car over." A big thanks to my parents who helped ease the chaos by taking kids in their car for the Yellowstone adventure. We are way excited to come next summer when it will hopefully be warm! (They have been known to have snow in July in Afton.)

3 comments:

Nicolds6 said...

Absolutely adorable!!! Sounds like such a blast!!

shanemomgrumnumnum said...

I love your pictures of your trip and of those gorgeous children of yours. Thanks for sharing.
love you. shane

Heather said...

Hi Melissa!! It's Heather (Carpenter) Arave! I came across your blog and you have such cute kids!! Drop me an email sometime heatherarave@msn.com would love to hear from you.