Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Getting in the Groove

okay, we've found a system that works. If your chores are done and your school work is finished you earn 20min. of xbox time to be played after lunch. Then outside for an hour (of which my children are having so much fun playing hide and go seek on our 2/3 of an acre.) Then reading time (also known as mom is recharging, do not bug her or you will suffer her wrath HA HA HA) And then play with friends until 4:30 when it's time for Afternoon/Dinner chores and you can play another 20min on the xbox. (on Tuesdays and Thursdays during reading time I am teaching Piano lessons)
Amazingly every one is finishing all the school work and my house is much tidier. We went to the library today to pick out novels on the Revolutionary War and books on the earth's crust and volcanoes. FUN FUN! (actually, my kiddos were super excited to look at their books when we got home. Loving Literature Based Learning.
So what did I do today in my coveted quiet time...I must admit I wasted it all on the Ipad playing Drop 7. LOL! Sometimes you just need a moment alone :)
Last night I needed some serious quiet time (since 2 hours of piano lessons prevented me from getting it in the afternoon.) So after Dinner Winslow and I stole away to DQ and indulged in some ice cream. We came home to a clean house and happy kids. (Did I mention that I bribed them?)
Want to know my favorite app?
   go  here. It's the BEST!

No comments: