So those of you who know and love me know that I want to have a gorgeously clean house.
Unfortunately, I have yet to develop the habits to make that a reality. HA!
I am trying hard to get better at it.
It is especially challenging in our small home. The balance between what we need on an everyday basis and what just causes clutter. Thankfully we have a large detached garage. Although some days it looks like a bad episode of Hoarders!!!
But today I decided to tackle above the kitchen cabinets. Our kitchen is tiny. Smaller than most apartments I've lived in. So lots of stuff gets piled on top of the cabinets for easy access. No MORE!
I cleaned it all off. Vacuumed the dust bunnies, took a magic eraser to the white cabinets, and cleaned out the cobwebs. It looks BARE! Oh well, at least it doesn't look cluttered.
How do you keep your house clean?
2 comments:
I also suffer from tiny house syndrome...ha ha...I'm finding I too have the same problems you mentioned...one example is that I have a bad habit of cluttering up my laundry room by putting all the laundry baskets in the room full of dirty clothes and closing the door...just past the laundry room door is our inside storage room. I decided to put my food storage in the room so I would need access to it all the time so I wouldn't be tempted to stuff the laundry in there...so far it's working, but the laundry is now cluttering up the rest of the house...go figure...
I suggest putting something pretty and decorative above your cabinets then you won't be tempted to put stuff there. :)
Whenever the clutter is out of control and I want to scream I think of a country song I heard a long time ago..it talks about how love grows best in little houses..I really hope thats true because if it is, my house will be a GIANT BUILDING OF LOVE...ha ha
I've been reading lots of blogs and online articles about organization and whatnot. I can't get enough of them, until I get home and I just want to collapse on the couch and take a nap.
So I've decided to make a priority list of things that WILL get done everyday, things I'd LIKE to get done, and special projects (like clearing everything off the cabinets). Occasionally a special project must be done before the daily chore can be instituted. Example: the other day I went through my kitchen and found a "home" for everything that I didn't want on my counters. Now that everything has a home, it's much easier to stick with the daily task of dishes and counter clearing. Because I know it will only take 20ish minutes and my kitchen will look awesome at the end, I do it everyday.
Post a Comment