Last night we had dinner very late.
Winslow and Jacob worked on his science project.
That, of course, was due today.
But I totally ignored my kitchen and took time to bathe my baby. Which he absolutely loves.
And then I lotioned him up.
I love the smell of lotion on a baby.
And they are so soft.
Then I wrestled him into a diaper and jammies.
Because even though he loves to have his jammies on, he must fight me out of principle.
Then we had family home evening. And there was at least some reverence.
Winslow adjusted everyone. Because of course we are "all jacked up."
I read to Rachel in her room and David came and sat on my lap.
David and I made the trip to his room for more stories.
And there we read "No, David!" at least 8 times. Because David wanted to read it "again."
It pulled at my heart strings and I couldn't resist.
We sang songs and he begged for more reading.
I tickled him and blew on his neck. And snuggled him in my lap and enjoyed knowing I could clean my kitchen tomorow. Right now, I was loving my baby.
We finished the science project somewhere around 10:30pm.
I do love working on projects with Jacob.
Wish I wasn't such a procrastinator though!
Winslow wants me to mention that we shoveled DUNG earlier in the evening in order to get compost for our garden boxes.
Nothing says "HOT" like swinging a pick axe to break up manure.
Love you Superman.
1 comment:
What a fun night!! Can I just say that i would love not to be all jacked up!!!! I have named Winslow my "cryropractor" because I cry that he can't adjust my back and fix my neck!!!
Post a Comment