Saturday, June 13, 2009

finally pictures

I know this is my third post of the day but I finally got my camera working and I wanted to get it all down now!
Rachel wanted to play in the sprinklers this morning. My little girl has such an attitude. But I love her to death. She loves bandaids and will find any excuse to put them on...and well just like everything else, I can't say no!
Jacob has been beging to learn how to mow the yard. He wants to earn $$$$. So today I taught him the basics. It is so crazy to see my big boy growing up! It goes so fast.

Abby was so cute pulling weeds today. She reminds me so much of ME!

Everynight I check on David before I go to sleep, sometimes he gets in the craziest positions. I couldn't help but capture this one.
Our cat is such a chilled out cat. He puts up with our kids so well, and is a great indoor and outdoor cat. And he's even catching mice. EW. He left one out for us to see. He's also caught a few birds. It only took us how many before we got a cat to stick around!
So we are finally getting into our spring/early summer. Temps are still in the high 60's to the mid 70's. See why we love it here! My flowers are starting to bloom and I love, love, love it. When we were in Utah I felt like both my uncle Don and Winslow's uncle George, had sanctuaries in thier yards. And I thought...I want this, I want to be able to walk out my door and have peace. We have spent three summers and planted a lot. Our front yard is starting to take on some real beauty in spots, and well our backyard has "potential." : )
Purple Salvia

Red Verbena






Snapdragons






Yellow Daylilies
Our growing garden...with no weeds! I love the square foot gardening method!




















5 comments:

Family of Five said...

Loving your yard and garden! We are finally getting around to ours! Love the little man in the dirt! What grown up kids you have! And thanks for sharing your personal gospel lessons w/ us. Helps us all grow and learn! We're all in this together!

Jamie Taylor said...

2 Things:

1. We just had an enrichment night on square foot gardening, and I am STOKED to start!

2. Do you remember being in Sign Language class prego with Jacob? I remember how cool it was that you had a baby inside you that you could feel when he kicked. I remember thinking that it was this fun "thing" you got to play with when class got a little boring... and now he's mowing your lawn? What the heck! Time flies!

PS. You were my first pregnant friend that I was able to be around during and after the pregnancy. So, as I've had my kids, you've always been in my thoughts as I start to feel the kicking, etc. I may even have a picture of Jacob on the afghan I made him... sorry this reminiscing thing is just taking me on a huge tangent. :) I'll stop. :)

Rushele said...

I love that position you found David sleeping in!! So cute, and doesn't look one bit comfortable either.
Your kids are getting big so fast! They certainly do grow up too quickly!

Marie said...

Hello...hook a sister up!!! I like Virginia :)
AND, I remember your siamese cats growing up. Didn't you have a black one too? You guys had a ton of cats.

Travis and Marie said...

I love how kids can fall asleep in the wierdest positions. My body hurts just looking at them. Gorgeous flowers - I love when the flowers bloom....makes my day. And I think the picture of Jacob mowing the lawn is priceless!