Saturday, February 14, 2009

Pneumonia and Valentines Day

Well we have been very blessed to have David fighting the pneumonia so well. I am so glad we caught it early on. He started to get really rowdy Thursday night, but by Friday morning things were over the hump. He still has a nasty wheeze so he is still on antibiotics, breathing treatments, prednesone, & I am constantly sucking out nasty stuff from his nose. He also has an ear infection. I am amazed at how Happy he has been thru all of this. We found a way to get thru the breathing treatments without all the crying. I give him one cheerio at a time. It keeps his mouth open as the mask is on and it keeps him too busy to care for the most part. By his appointment on Friday the pneumonia was clearing up and we've just been left with the wheeze, coughing and snot. It has been quite the relief to not have to go to the hospital like so many others we know. I started getting sick myself on Friday. So I am glad I was well for the nights prior when David needed so much attention. (My baby monitor was on full blast) Thanks for your prayers and Thanks NANCY for DINNER, it was just what I needed!
For Valentines we took it easy. I bought the kids Mylar balloons from Dollar Tree on Monday and they have enjoyed them all week. (not bad for a buck a piece) Winslow bought me homemade Chocolate Truffles. YUM! I made the kids, pb and J in the shape of a heart. We had homemade Chocolate milkshakes, and watched Narnia, Prince Caspian. Tonight the kids and I are going to play games. (Winslow has acupuncture seminars).

4 comments:

Welcome said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Welcome said...

I am glad to hear your little guy is doing better. That same stuff is going around here and I am praying we don't get it!

Family of Five said...

So glad to hear David is doing better! I hate that babies have to get sick, just breaks your heart hu?! I love your simple act of kindness a day thing, I definitly need to work on it more! Thanks for the push!

Marie said...

Heck yes I will be at Ryan's reception...I can't wait to see you!!!! And your little ones.