Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dr. Seuss

So this past friday was Dr. Seuss's birthday. And of course the movie the LORAX came out. So at the beginning of the week I gave my children a challenge. It they each could memorize an Entire Dr. Seuss book before the end of March, we will take them to the THEATER to see the LORAX movie. They are doing pretty well! 
 This week I think I will make a Poster and some Trees, so they can put a tree on every time they memorize a certain # of pages. 

Other things we have done this week are Dr. Seuss number spinners. (Rachel did tens and ones, Jacob and Abby used them for Multiplication facts.) Find it Here from TeachersPayTeachers for free. And Rachel and David used this awesome roll and cover free from HERE
 
We read If I Ran the Zoo and they each drew their own NEW animal to go in their Zoo. They had to tell what it's name was, where it lived, and what it ate!

 I made new word blend cards for Rachel and put them on Mega Blocks. (with Dr. Seuss font of course!)

We are still working on the Revolutionary War for History. 

And Science right now is WEATHER. So awesome. I am learning so many cool facts. Like how Hail is made. Do you know that Hail is ice that falls from the clouds but then gets pushed back into the clouds over and over. That's how there are different sizes of hail. The more times the ice falls and is pushed back up, the more layers of ice are formed. You can cut open hail and see the layers!
We made Rain. So fun. Science always grabs their attention!

1 comment:

Family of Five said...

I seriously do not know how you do it all super mom!