Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday

So it's Sunday. Let me take you on a tour thru my home. Abby's playing chords on the piano over and over, because I finally got off the piano after playing and singing for at least an hour. Dinner has not yet been put away, my crochet project is sitting on the couch begging me to finish it. David's couch and tent are in the hallway, there is a large train set up in the girl's room and David, Rachel, and Jacob are watching a movie in my room. And for all the craziness of the day, it's all right. Another half hour and I will round them all up and we will tidy it all up. The sun is beginning to set and the weather is perfect (sorry I have to brag a little, during the winter I'll be wanting to switch places to where it is warmer.)

Today I heard Angels sing. Our primary is so amazing. 3 year olds singing their very best so they can get a turn to pick a song out of my magic pocket apron. Super cute nursery boys and girls singing Scripture power and pumping their fists into the air. It melts my heart. And then Senior primary singing with all the energy of their hearts Love is Spoken here. That song gets me every time!

Winslow and I went prairie dog shooting this weekend and the only one I got was running when I shot it! Winslow loves to go shooting and I enjoy the time with him. I must say the tender part of me prefers to shoot targets :)

We have been taking Swim lessons in St. John's. The kids have had a lot fun learning. Our town hasn't had a pool in three years so it was time my kids learned to swim (only Jacob already knew how.) Tomorrow we will begin our second session. I gave in and David will be taking a preschool class (blow bubbles, jump in, etc) He's been such a trooper this last session to sit and watch everyone else swim.

Piano lessons have started and I am crossing my fingers that we can juggle it all. I am watching one little baby a couple of times a week. (have I mentioned that yet?) Anyway, he is sweet as can be and we all look forward to the days he is here at our home. (It's lets me have a baby and still get sleep at night!)

Homeschooling is going well. I am looking at adding Explode the Code for Rachel. And we are joining a Co-Op in St. John's of homeschoolers. I'm really looking forward to it. The main lady Mendie is a Charlotte Mason follower so it's been fun to pick her brain. Thank you Sandy for the advice to start off slow. My kids may start freaking out when they realize there is more to come ha ha ha. It's been pretty easy to do math, english, and reading all summer. I bought an inexpensive laminater from Wal-Mart and I am enjoying being able to finally print and protect all the files I have been saving!

I am working on getting my body into better shape. I am hoping to get a bike and a trailer to go biking with my kids. Looking to set up another trip to the Grand Canyon as a motivator, or maybe we'll pick somewhere new.

There are moments I am totally in love with my children and moments I see my younger self in their bickering and fighting and I want to pull my hair out in frustration. But I know the moments are fleeting and I am trying to enjoy each moment as I feel them slipping by all to fast!

1 comment:

Nicolds6 said...

Sounds like so much fun at your house!! Busy and enjoyment are two words that should be synonymous!!!