Okay, I know it has been forever since I took time to catch up. This last week our computer was infected with a nasty virus and we had to wipe it all, so it's going to take me some time to put up pictures but I will try to catch up on all that's been going on.
We have been traveling nearly every weekend and although we have enjoyed our adventures, I am so excited for some time home. In December we learned Winslow's parents were going to sell some property they owned. But it involved a huge project. The amazing husband that I have has given many of his weekends to helping his parents. The kids and I were able to go with him some of those weekends and enjoy time with Grandma and Grandpa. Winslow also coached Jacob's basketball team during this time.
I decided to get politically involved with the schools and help look for solutions to the every growing Budget issues and the need to increase the quality of our education in our schools.
I have been babysitting 4 extra kids and putting together an Etsy shop and selling custom orders every week to people just here in town. AND drumroll please, getting ready to homeschool my kids. This has been a big decision, one that has been months in planing, praying, and preparing. I am grateful for so many fabulous friends who have supported me and helped me navigate my way thru the many many many options. My kids are so excited for homeschooling to start. I believe that homeschooling is such a PERSONAL decision. Everyone I know has different reasons for homeschooling their children and each of these reasons are individual for each family and child. I would have thought you were crazy if you told me 5 years ago that I would be homeschooling. But since then I have had seeds planted that this last year grew very strongly in my heart. And I feel impressed that this is the time for me to spend with my children.
This month I have also had the opportunity to sing with an amazing singer Nancy Davis. I was very humbled when she asked me to sing with her for her father in law's funeral. And later in the month we sang for the Adult session of stake conference.
We were impressed to go to Bryant and Audrey's baby blessing in COLORADO where we spent fun time with all of Winslow's family.
This last weekend we went to Albuquerque to the Zoo and the Natural History Museum with Abby's second grade class. Winslow's mom and his sister Evelyn (and her kids :)) came and joined us at the zoo. Ev and I spent Saturday together shopping all around town and enjoyed going to bead stores.
And Sunday Mike and Kara came to visit us with their family.
2 weeks from now is the Regional Dance Festival for which Winslow and I have been dance instructors for the RHUMBA for the last 2 months every Wednesday night for Mutual.
My dishwasher has been out since Mother's Day and I've been washing dishes by hand and longing for the ease of my dishwasher ( I've lived YEARS without it, but I sure do miss it, it takes so much more time to wash it all by hand and my dry hands and tired feet are anxious for tomorow when it should FINALLY be fixed!)
We've been working hard getting our garden starts so we can plant a garden this weekend among the many house projects that have been left undone with all the traveling.
Busy Busy Busy!
3 comments:
Just reading all of that made me tired, you are truly amazing!
holy smokers you sound like you need a gigantic break/pepsi!!! Homeschooling!! You will do very well at that!
I have been tossing around the idea of homeschooling ever since my oldest started. Keep posting about it so I can see how you like it!
Post a Comment