Okay so I am a little nostalgic.
One of the joys of living next to the high school is that we live right by the choir/band room door. In the fall and spring they leave the door open and with my windows open we can hear them. I love it. Right before Homecomming is especially a treat. The band preps for the parade.
This is hilarious. They are NOT your typical marching band. The band is tiny and because they are only marching in this one parade they don't have a lot of Marching SKILLS you might say. It's a hoot.
We sit on our front porch and the boys love to see the band "march" by.
It reminds me of highschool. Of marching in my highschool band. Of band camp, hot days, mosquitoes, band tans, locker rooms, Mr. Hatler, Flag routines, Friday night games, California competitions, State, friendships, and road trips!
I am so glad I took the time to be involved. They are fun memories.
What did you do in highschool?
7 comments:
It's funny you mention high school because I went with my dad this weekend to see The Foreigner and the whole time he did not stop talking about you. He said you did the best job and were fall-out-of-your-chair funny.
I have those same memories - and they sure where great! Too bad none of my kids are remotely interested in band. Such fun times we had!
I loved being in the Foriegner. How funny you saw that!
Heather, I am soo glad you and Jamie had me join band. It was one of the funnest things I did in highschool.
Band! I was one of those kids with NO marching skills, practicing for the homecoming parade right there- twenty years ago! Don't laugh too hard at my Sam- he got his mother's coordination!
I love all those band memories! The marching band here is really tiny too and pretty bad.
now that's a little harsh - I'm sure the band has some GREAT marching skills....you're in the Big City ... well, maybe not a big city. I would love being that close to the school...what a treat!
Wow--way to bring on the nostalgia, Missy!
I can remember Friday night football games and watching you in the marching band...I also remember many, many choir performances and the choir boys, our choir trip to California, and more!
So many good memories with you :)
Post a Comment