Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Stay at Home Mom... for a few days anyway!

So recently Rachel was sick and David too. I ended up being home from work for 4 days. I did enjoy getting to spend time at home with my kiddos. It was quiet, peaceful. David and I played cars. Rachel and I read books. We cuddled on the couch, I did laundry. It was a good break...well if you don't count the fevers and not feeling good!
Rachel and Abby both had birthdays this last week. Rachel turned 4 and Abby 7. For FHE we talked about the days they were born. It was a neat feeling remembering those special days. How precious it is to be part of God's miracle of giving life. I threw Rachel a Fancy Nancy Party and Abby is getting one this week. Party plans include...nail painting, pin the jewel on the tiara, make your own bracelet and wand, and ice cream sundaes! All those fun girl things. Winslow helped me get ahead of the game and my house has actually been clean 4 days in a ROW~~~ Magical!
Sweet moments this week.
  • David hid his cars one by one under the couch, and then took them all back to their bucket one by one. He squeled with delight as he drove his car on Winslow's chair. And then giggled as Winslow drove the cars on HIM! And his latest phrase is "oh yeah."
  • I listened in on Abby reading to Rachel last night. OHH! so sweet to have sisters.
  • David loves to eat MnM's and Candy CORN! He gets so excited his eyes get big and he claps his hands and says "YEAH!"
  • Jacob lost his first MOLAR this week. Big Moment in a Boy's life.
  • Worked out 3 days in a row (well fri, mon, tues...that count's doesn't it!!!)
Had a few rough days recently. Tears, frustration, and questions. The past few days have given me moments of peace and contentment. And I am grateful for that.

Do you love music? I DO!!! Music makes so much of my mood! Love to Jam out when I am working out... Love mournful music when I want to cry...Love classical when I need a release.
Can't wait for the day when my piano is IN the house again!!! I SOO MISS IT!

I love that my kids love me for me. Love that they are forgiving. Love that they are so trusting. Love that they will snuggle and give me HUGS & KISSES!!! Love that my husband is SOOO thoughtful. Superman. He trully is....and he's HOT!! (maybe just to me....but that definitely COUNTS!)

So I will enjoy my day off tomorow...Veteran's Day. And time spent Home. My Haven.

3 comments:

Click Clan said...

You are so AWESOME! We love you guys sooo much and miss you tons. We for sure need to plan a trip to come visit.

I LOVe your relationship with Winslow. You guys are a GREAT example to me and JC! THX for that

LaDawn

BiggsFamily said...

I too love reading your blog. You are a super amazing example. I just don't know how you do it, but I am glad to see that it can be done!!

Nicolds6 said...

Yea!! What they said!! You rock!!How fun does that sound!!!! I wanna come play put the jewel on the tiara!!!