quiet. very quiet. My three oldest are at grandma's for the weekend. And Winslow and I have had quite a peaceful time at home with just David. Who by the way has his first two teeth. We all took naps this afternoon, to make up for our late night travel taking the big kids to New Mexico. My family is so precious. I am glad the kids are having fun at grandma's cause they'll be stuck all week at work with me. But we should have fun. We are planting seeds this week, making kites, windsocks, and more. I will try to take some pictures. We are getting blown away! My flowers are starting to come up!! I have Hyacinths blooming and my tulips are poking out. I have some Salvia, and another goregous RED flower (I'll have to look at it's tag, it's from last year and it's sooo pretty) I am a big fan of bulb flowers. I bought some Dahlia's this weekend, and I am ordering some Rananculas. Lots of big words, in the end they're all just gorgeous. I have lavender to plant and some basil and snapdragons. OHHHHH! I LOVE SPRING! We are planting our seeds indoors, we won't be able to put them in the ground for another 8 weeks. Saturday, before the exodus to grandma's., Winslow and the kids cleared out some rocks from the back yard and used them to fill a low spot in our drive. Then we raked weeds and stacked wood. I am getting so excited to get our sprinkler system up and have grass in the back yard!! Let's just say that right now our yard has a lot of "potential."
Jacob has finished his basketball season, and I didn't get a single picture! He is amazing on defense. He saved his birthday money and bought his own basketball shoes. He stressed over every game, and can still tell you all the details from each game of the season!
I had fun seeing my parents and sisters, although it was too brief, it always is, last weekend. I am such a momma's girl. I feel so blessed to have such a good relationship with all my family.
3 comments:
I think we all feel like we are Mama's girls....I know I do....I love being around my mom. Glad you got to see yours for a little bit....also i am super glad you got a few less kids for a while and enjoyed a nap! That's such a treat!
We've got things growing indoors right now too! We've started some wild flowers, pumpkins, and an apple tree (that we just killed that one). Anyway, we love spring around here, too. :)
Sounds like a great weekend!
Our yard has "potential" too! LOL :)
Love ya, Lissa!
Post a Comment